An initial casual role with view to go permanent full-time for the right applicant. Immediate start available, with up to two positions on offer.
We construct rural and security fencing on a contract basis within the greater Tamworth region, and are a developer, manufacturer, and seller of specialised fencing equipment. We market to the agricultural, contractor and corporate project sectors.
Walters Fencing has earned an outstanding reputation for innovation and quality customer service, and our constant growth is due mainly to our dedicated, enthusiastic and long term team.
The position is 5 days per week, Monday to Friday from 7.30am (this may vary), based at Tamworth NSW.
You would be working closely with the Fencing Manager and the Project Lead, and will be performing tasks associated with rural fence installation/construction projects. On the job training will be provided, however experience in MMA or gasless MIG welding is essential. The business and factory are based in Taminda (industrial sector), Tamworth, NSW. See www.waltersfencing.com.au for further information.
Requirements for the role would include:
- A reasonable level of fitness as you will be active outdoors almost all day
- Responsible for the quality of their own work subject to general supervision
- Ensure regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
- Adapts to a changing work environment.
- Communicates and records essential information, including all job details
- Load, unload and identify fencing materials, machinery and tools and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications
- Ability to understand targets and aim to complete jobs in a given time period
- Some overnight travel may be required on occasions.
Candidate skills and experience:
- MMA or gasless MIG welding experience - essential
- Current manual car Drivers License – essential
- Forklift License preferred
- NSW White Card
- Smartphone literacy and willingness to record daily project data in a digital format
- Excellent time management, be a self-starter, highly organised, can take direction & prioritise, and take action
- A natural problem solver, applying lateral thinking to the various situations you encounter
- Experience in an agricultural industry beneficial
- Ability to undertake minor equipment repairs
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Unfortunately no visa opportunities